Berserker Bear Totem Oaken Carved Viking Shield, 24"
- This shield features a bear head carved in oak wood, attached to the center of the plywood base, with ornamental relief carved along the rim and decorative steel bolts.
- The bear head carving also features oaken leaves and acorns, forming a ring around the head and claws. Berserker warriors were commonly related to bears due to the animals' huge strength and ferocity, which the famous warriors displayed on their shields as well as in their combat style.
- The shield base is made out of 15mm thick birch wood, and finished with wood staining and varnishing with linen seed oil and acrylic transparent coating. The bear head composition was carved separately on a 50 mm thick stabilized oak or beech wood piece, and attached to the base.
- Size - 24 inches in diameter (61 cm)
- Weight - 8 pounds (3.5 kg)
- Bear head - covers an area in the center of approximately 410 x 410 mm ( 16 x 16 inches )
- Material - 15 mm thick wood for the base of the shield, 50 mm thick oak or beech wood for the bear head.
- Because these are handmade products made with natural wood planks the sizes, textures and overall appearance may vary slightly from the photos displayed.
Unless indicated differently in each product description, our shields are made out of 15mm thick birch plywood and consolidated by a steel hand-hammered umbo and iron bolts.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
We offer free US shipping. The average estimated shipping time is 30 days, including a 7 to 15 days of production for our more complex handmade crafts.
Unless advised otherwise under each product listing, we have a 30-day return policy and a hassle free return policy if you are not satisfied with your item. Terms and conditions apply.
Unless indicated otherwise, our shields have a 24 inches diameter (61 cm) and weights around 6.6 pounds (3 kg)
Because these are handmade products made with real wood blanks the sizes, textures and overall appearance may vary from the product photos and description. Some blanks might be smaller than anticipated, or larger sizes too thick to transport at a low cost.
We recommend applying three or four times per year some beeswax polish to protect the wood surface from moisture and sunlight. Apply the oil onto a lint-free cloth and rub into the wooden surface following the direction of the grain. Leave for 3-4 minutes and buff over with a clean cloth.
Search Other Products
Authentic Viking Craftsmanship
We take great pride in creating by hand, and with the highest quality materials authentic viking crafts for raiding, display, and collection purposes.
Shields are expensive to ship; they are often large and heavy. But we want to make sure that you never get surprised by this high cost. This means that we sometimes lose money shipping to the far reaches of the U.S. At the end of the day, we care more about sharing this passion for Norse heritage with you than the money we make.
If you aren't happy, or decide you want a different design, we have an easy exchange program for our shields. Just return ship the item and as soon as we receive it, we'll dispatch your replacement within 2 business days.